backtotop

Categories: Uncategorized

So while writing the last post mortem I felt really compelled to fix the problems.  So I did.

Colors are fixed
Random characters
Real Dictionary
Fixed score
Fixed scaling

Colors were fixed by using sprites as suggested in my last post.

Random characters were possible by adding a dictionary that gets loaded at run time.  I made sure that there were 5 vowels because it gets really boring if there is less.  I think there still is problem.  Maybe there should be some max for certain characters.  When you get 6 ‘x’s it sucks.

Fixed score by scoring by letters instead of words.  Also not allowing words that were already added.  Maybe some sort of exponential might even help more here but for now this is fine.

Fixed scaling.  This one took me forever.  But I found out in the canvas there is a scale with screen button so that is awesome.  I’m going to use that alot now.  And then finding the position of the button.  That took a little bit but the position is located here image.rectTransform.position.  I just didn’t have time play around with it during the initial show.

I think this might be it for this one.  So many of these and this has no new gameplay but I am curious as to see if this works on Android…

Play the new version here


Comments

There are no Comments

Leave a Comment:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>